Get familiar with the typical project steps on your way to integrate cloud services with the platform. We will first overview the typical project arrangement and then dive deeper into the design, development, and test with debugging phases.
The integration process directs the ISV staff through all Integration Procedures. The process proposes collaboration of different SI or ISV roles on different integration phases. That is why, let us start with definition of roles that can be involved into the integration process. We do not consider it as the full list, you can extend it with other roles as well.
|Will, as a product manager, is interested in creating a successful sales model for an application. The guidelines must help him understand the business models (including sales models) provided by the platform, identify the sales model for his application, then create the resource model, define integration touchpoints for users, and finally formulate project design requirements for the solution architect.|
|Roger, as a solution architect, should analyze the project requirements and specify project details sufficient to start developing metadata and executables of the integration package. The guidelines must help him understand resource management in the platform, identify the detailed resource model for his application, define integration endpoint API, map integration touchpoints to user scenarios, identify UI views, and create wireframes. At the end of this process, Alex must formulate development requirements for the developer of the integration package.|
|Kevin, as a developer, must develop the integration package in compliance with the development requirements he receives from the program manager. Once he completes the package development, he deploys the integrated application on the hosting system, deliver application services to a test customer, and verifies typical management operations with the application resources. He must be able to effectively use the platform and APS tools that help develop, test, and debug integration packages.|
We hope you meet the following prerequisites.
|Prerequisite||Self evaluation questions||Explanation|
|Your team is going to integrate an existing cloud application with available native API that is able to provide services to customers through the Internet.||Which way your application grants permission to a hosting OSS system to manage application resources remotely?||The answer depends on the application native interface. Also recall the platform infrastructure your application will integrate with.|
|Your staff has sufficient knowledge and skills in the platform to deploy, sell, provision, and manage application services.||
* Which OSS/BSS features can leverage the benefits of your application services?
* Explain resources, service templates, and subscriptions as components involved into service provisioning.
* Draw the simplest APS resource model.
* Which component of the hosting platform lets you present application services as a product for sale?
* Which sales models can you use to sell your application services?
|You have necessary APS development tools and sandbox with an OSS or OSS/BSS platform to test your solutions.||
* Which APS development tools do you use in your local development environment?
* How do you register your organization and a user in the APS portal?
* How do you order a sandbox and require the needed configuration?
Make sure you gained knowledge and skills in the following integration components and processes. This will help you feel more confident when you start designing and developing your integration project.
|Knowledge and skills||Self evaluation questions||Document|
* How a request from UI is routed to the application?
* What is APS application?
* Why do you need an APS application endpoint and APS application instance?
|Resource model and APS package||
* Explain CRUD operations.
* Explain the APS package structure.
|APS Resource Model|
|APS type structure||Explain properties, relations, and operations declared in APS types.||General Definitions|
* How do you declare a navigation tree?
* How do you declare application services?
|Markup types and APS versions||Which control panel can use markup 2?||Panel Switching|
* Which elements can a navigation tree contain?
* Which element displays UI on a screen?
* How can you embed a navigation tree into a control panel?
|Typical structure of a view source file||
* What is the difference between the typical view structure in markup 1 compared with markup 2?
* Why do you need the model and store controls?